Friday, April 25, 2008

Let's be honest . . .



This blog is really meant for just useless shout outs and fun stuff. But, what are blogs for - if not to vent? So, here goes.

Umm . . Has anyone noticed that so-called 'constitutional rights' don't exist anymore? Well, I guess they do if you have money, an insane mortgage, 1.2 kids, and otherwise are just 'normal'. Does it bother any one else that Texas just came in and tore over 400 kids from their mothers? Why? Well, they were in danger of being married at a very young age. So let's take ALL of them. So, my question is . . are these infants and toddlers in IMMEDIATE risk of sexual abuse? I have yet to hear anything about that.

Please don't get me wrong - I am TOTALLY opposed and disgusted by the idea of old men marrying very young girls. And, yes, I DO believe there can be abuse in that situation. It is wrong. It is wrong. It is wrong. And it makes me sick. But those mothers don't love their children ANY LESS than I love my own or any less than you love your own kids. And, let me tell you - if someone were to come take my kids away because they didn't like how I lived my religion (which can happen, folks!) I really don't know what I would do. Obviously these Texas officials have thought this out previously - they sure acted really fast on this phone call they received - and everything went so 'smoothly'. They aren't too concerned about punishing those who have BROKEN the law - it looks like they just want break up of the whole religion. By the way - WHO exactly made that phone call? Ummmm - a hoax? Yeah, but that doesn't matter. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. If they planned this out so much - you would think they could actually come up with something that makes MORE sense. Like an investigation that puts those MEN behind bars. Doesn't that make a little more sense?

Since having sex with a minor IS illegal -

and BEING A MOTHER isn't.

6 comments:

Omgirl said...

I know, Kati. This bugs me on so many levels. Especially now that the phone call that started it all has turned out to be a hoax. They have NOW traced the phone call. it didnt' occur to anyone to do that before they chanrged in there? And the whole takingn the women and kids, not the men thing. and the fact that the kids and moms can't stay together during the whole investigation seems absurd. I wish there was something we could do.

Erica said...

I know! I've been reading the headlines too.
Build evidence and jail the men if you can prove it.

(oh, and I'm a childhood friend of Ari's, and after reading her blog entry to you, I just had to come and say hello!)

Anonymous said...

Amen! This has been a sensitive issue for me. I completely agree with you. What makes it worse is these people are being judge so harshly, it remindes me of what our church went through back in the days of Joseph Smith. We are not much different than them. Although I don't agree with living some of their practices in our day, they live their religion, no matter what they have to risk! Can we say that of us??? What scares me the most is this could be us someday.

Anonymous said...

Nope, not prego! Thats funny you thought that!

Malia said...

Way to go girl. I think A LOT more people feel the same way...Tis a sad sad world.

Kim and Joe said...

I think everyone should feel the same way. On the news here in texas they said that they removed the kids because of the one call. So lets just say if my neighbor calls does that mean that they come and take the kids off the entire block and if not here then they shouldn't there. And you know the kids are being much more loved in the places that they are now than from a mother who has done nothing wrong. It makes me very very angry as well. There is a better way!!!!!